You’ve probably seen the headlines about 143 million credit records being leaked at Equifax, a consumer credit reporting agency. Before that, more than a billion accounts were exposed at Yahoo, and 110 million records compromised at Target. Wondering how to keep your information safe?
As a fee-only fiduciary financial planner, I'm dedicated to my client's best interests. With that in mind, I'm eager to help my clients and friends protect themselves from the growing threats to their cyber information.
I recently came across a book filled with great advice for anyone looking to improve their online security. Hack-Proof Your Life Now! by Sean M. Bailey and Devin Kropp demystifies the topic of cybersecurity and introduces readers to the New Cybersecurity Rules – clear, sensible and doable actions that will quickly improve your personal security. Find out more about the book here.
As part of my mission to help clients achieve the best possible financial future, I'm giving away copies of the book to any interested clients and friends. If you would like to receive a copy, contact me by following this link.
Here are some of the helpful topics discussed in the book:
- Why You Need a Secret Email Address, page 15
- What EVERY Parent With Minors Must Do, page 72
- How to Beat the Password Paradox, page 20
- Spot Ransomware With the 10-Second Email Rule, page 107
- The Danger of FREE Public Wi-Fi, page 35
- This One Move Stops Identity Theft, page 67
- NEVER Do This on Public Wi-Fi, page 35
- One Action Blocks Hackers From Your Bank Accounts, page 26
- How to Spot ATM Fraud, page 77
- The Truth About LifeLock, page 120
Often, a bit of common sense and a few minutes of effort can go a long way toward making you safe. I encourage everyone to consider reading this book.
If cybersecurity issues have you thinking about your financial game plan, contact my office at email@example.com. I am always happy to meet with people who are working to improve their financial life.
Dunncreek Advisors does not provide legal or tax advice, nor is this article intended to do so.